Friday, February 03, 2012

Cyclone Yasi and Its Aftermath - Storifyed..

A friend put me onto Storify - a useful way to present an assortment of links from facebook, youtube, online newspapers, tumblr, blogs, and flickr. It reminds me of scrapbooking only it's digital, quick and dead easy. Others can enjoy your websearches on any set topic. Here is my first storify effort - Cyclone Yasi and its Aftermath.

Enjoy this assortment. I'll be doing a few more of these - on video making and ebooking. I think it's best to use your own photographs and those that have a clear creative commons on them as storify displays images the same as if you pasted them into the page and I think you could run some copyright issues if you don't follow this guideline.

All the links are extracted in a visually attractive way to make them appealing for readers to find.

It is similar to Squidoo but easier and you can embed your results into your established blogs like I have done here. You are encouraging people to look at the work of others documenting, or educating on your topic of interest and I think they would be more than happy that you are sending them more traffic.

In some ways it reminds me of the gallery options in flickr where you organise pictures on themes you like and others can view your curation, only Storify is appealing because it is so versatile.



No comments:

Post a Comment